Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MY FIRST POEM!!.

Hey Guys, here is my first English poem which I had written when I was 13 and was studying in standard 8th. I was unaware of the fact that I could write poems. One night around 10.00 p.m I was sitting lonely at my study table staring at my pen. Then, all of a sudden I just picked up my pen and expressed all my feelings on the paper that had been torn out of my copy. I named it LIFE.

LIFE

What is life?
Is it a game that GOD plays,
With all the living beings?
Or simply a task to work on;
Between a particular time,
Since our birth till death,
Which will remain forever in the depth of our souls.
Is it a challenge to conquer?
Or simply,
A great struggle to live long.
Whatever it might be;
It is a wonderful Gift,
Given by God to all of us.
What is the real Secret of life?
I am still in confusion,
Hope that our future generations,
Might overcome this phantasm!!

That's All I could think of that night and took a nice sleep. I still remember that when I showed my poem to my mother, my classmates, and my English teacher, they all had just one question in their mind after reading it : DID YOU WRITE THIS ON YOUR OWN? And I replied : YES, I did.
My mother believed me because before this I had written a number of poems in Hindi and some of them even had been published in the local newspaper. But, my classmates did not believe me. They thought that I had copied it from a magazine. I knew that it was difficult to make them believe, so I didn't try anymore. Instead I started writing some more poems, mostly with my will and some encouragement from my teachers. In a months, I had written a dozen of poems. Most of them were liked by my teachers and gradually I got my title in the class as a POET. I was so elated and a bit surprised too. After this incident, my poems were being read in my class by my teacher. That was a wonderful experience.
I even showed my poems to my Principal, and he liked it. He helped me to correct my mistakes and reviewed all of my poems, giving some valuable tips. When I was called in his office, he asked me to carry this work forward and smiled at me and said " KEEP TRYING ". 

I still write poems but not very often.
P.S. : I have used "GOD" in this poem, because I wasn't pretty sure but now I am totally sure. I am an Atheist, still this poem is my first one, and I am proud of it ;) 

2 comments:

  1. it's really nice to go through ur creation again. ur friends not believing u is not surprising,even i feel it's rare for a 13 year old to ask such question.hoping for some RHYMES too,which i can read for Akhshat & Yash....Arbind uncle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle......will try to write Rhymes!!
    Do check my blog!!

    ReplyDelete