Monday, September 12, 2011

License To Drive!!

Hi everybody!! Now, this time I am writing about how I got my Driving License? This whole procedure was tiring, frustrating, surprising etc. but Ultimately I received my driving license, and that too for a long period of time : 20 years!!  Here is how things began!

I learnt how to ride a scooter/bike, a two-wheeler around 2 years ago, when I was 16 years old, ineligible to get a License. When I became a smooth rider, and mastered the act of driving, I became eager to drive it more, mainly for pleasure and joy!! But, there was a big problem, I had no Driving License, so if I got caught by the traffic police, I had to not only pay the fine, but I would even lose my permission to drive, which I got from my father. So, I didn't drive much, but I still did when it was required, and in areas where there were no police, or where they didn't check for license. :-P

One day, after two years, that is in April 2011, surprisingly my Father brought the form that was required to submit for requesting a new License. I was 18 years old and was eligible. I was really happy! As I was busy giving my engineering entrance exams, so I decided to do all the process after my exams. On 17th May, all my exams were over and now I was free to start the procedure of getting a new license. According to the form it was compulsory to get the signature and attestation of a registered doctor. This was the easiest part, my doctor, who is also very friendly to me as I have been consulting him for the past 14 years, signed and attested my photograph. As the form said; I had to submit it in the District Transport Office (DTO) with an date of birth proof and address proof. So, I took my Board's Mark Sheet at the proof for my date of birth and my school I.D card as my address proof, assuming that it will be accepted.
Again, next problem was that I didn't know where the DTO is? So, I took a random guess and thought that it would be there. When I reached that place I couldn't find the building, so I randomly entered one of the offices, thinking that I would get any information. But, rather that turned out to be the office of the RBI. I was puzzled, then I came out of the building and asked a Tea-Stall which was in the vicinity, but that went in vain as they couldn't tell me anything. So, I finally decided to find it on my own. To my surprise, I saw a beautiful building with the Glass-exterior, so I thought to check it out, and yes I was correct. I was finally at the right place. But, the second problem was just waiting for me...........in the form of a long line with approximately 45-50 people ahead of me. I was shocked, but I still decided to take the line and to pass a long time of 2.5 hours, I listened to music, but got bored out of it. Finally, my turn came and I happily moved in. The third problem was just coming........as soon as I showed my school I.D card to the person in the counter, he rejected it saying that it is not accepted. On asking what I had to do, he just told me to bring my or my father's Election Card......and there was no way that it could be done that day so I had to come another day. I was so damn frustrated that time but all I could do was go back home. Think, It was so difficult to find the DTO, then I spent around 3 hours in the line and all in vain. Damn it! After this I took my father's EC card as a proof and again spent 2-3 hours in the line but this time it worked and they accepted my documents. A sigh of relief!

Now, I had to wait for almost 2-3 weeks and then my learner's license would be ready. So, I waited and when I got my learner's license I was a bit relieved as now I had the official permission to drive a vehicle as a learner. But still the process was not yet completed. Now, what I had to do was take a Driving Test and Pass it in first attempt.......and what I had to drive????......A CAR... a four-wheeler, I had no idea how to drive a car!! But thanks to my father that he helped me learn it in a simple and fast way. With a little practice I went to take the test!! Surprisingly and Brilliantly, I was successful in the first attempt! Whooo..... then after all this I just submitted the form along with the result of the test, and was told to wait for 4 weeks to get my final Driving License Smart-Card!! Yippee.......now I was happy. Finally, after a month, I got my license and now for the next 20 years I can ride and drive!! So, finally things turned out to be pretty cool.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment